iCHIVE has been one of the most pleasant surprises we’ve had this year. And many of you have heard me use the phrase “I’m not a babysitter” when it comes to some of your complaints. In truth, I believe iCHIVE is a great social experiment. I chose to take a light-touch approach, because I’ve seen too many mistakes made by my contemporaries, like Kevin Rose at Digg, whose heavy-handed approach to social aggregation models caused the community to suffer.
The community most prove the model, not the mods. Some of you may disagree with that approach, and the criticism is somewhat fair. But iCHIVE has doubled in size with the inmates running the asylum, and we’re going to give you some air support to make it really hum in 2018. New features include:
• Easier navigation on homepage overall
• Bring back video submissions that can score the ‘Dopamine Dump’
• Adding new trending subcategories including Humor, Hotness, and Humanity
• Bigger better badges and rewards, more ways to earn points!
• Bring back the RAK. You’ll be able to RAK a friend a gift via their personalized wish list from theCHIVERY. You can even RAK somebody using your points!
At the end of the year, top Chivers will be able to cash in their points for BIG REWARDS – paid travel to theCHIVE HQ, Green Gala, meetups, etc… Power users will get the goods!